Ph.D. - Management
Purdue University - 1986
M.S. - Physics
Indian Institute of Technology (Delhi) - 1980
Impact of the Union and Difference Operations on the Quality of Information Products. With A. Parssian, and S. Sarkar. Information Systems Research. Forthcoming. forthcoming - Publication
Vendor/Client Interaction for Requirements Assessment in Software Development: Implications for Feedback Process, Rajiv Jayant, Suresh Radhakrishnan, Forthcoming in Information Systems Research. ? - Publication
Impact of the Union and Difference Operations on the Quality of Information Products, Amir Parssian, Sumit Sarkar and Varghese S. Jacob, Information Systems Research, 2009, Vol. 20, No. 1 pp. 99-120. 2009 - Publication
Dynamic pricing of multiple home delivery options, Kursad Asdemir, Varghese S. Jacob and Ramayya Krishnan, European Journal of Operational Research, 2009, Vol. 196, No. 1, pp. 246-257. 2009 - Publication
Adaptive Data Reduction for Large-scale Transaction Data. With Xiao-Bai Li. European Journal of Operational Research. 188. 3. (2008): 910-924. 2008 - Publication
Adaptive data reduction for large-scale transaction data, Xiao-Bai Li and Varghese S. Jacob, European Journal of Operational Research, 2008, Vol. 188, No. 3, pp. 910-924. 2008 - Publication
Strategic IT Investments: Impact of Switching Cost and Declining IT Cost, Didem Demirhan, Varghese S. Jacob and Srinivasan Raghunathan, Management Science, 2007, Vol. 53, No. 2, pp. 208-226. 2007 - Publication
Internet Content Filtering Using Isotonic Separation on Content Category Ratings. With R. Krishnan, and Y. Ryu. ACM Transactions on Internet Technology. 7. 1. (2007): 1-19. 2007 - Publication
Breast cancer prediction using the isotonic separation technique, Young U. Ryu, R. Chandrasekaran and Varghese S. Jacob, European Journal of Operational Research, 2007, Vol. 181, No. 2, pp. 842-854. 2007 - Publication
Internet Content Filtering Using Isotonic Separation on Content Category Ratings, Varghese S. Jacob, Ramayya Krishnan and Young U. Ryu, ACM Transactions on Internet Technology, 2007, Vol. 7, No. 1, pp. 1-19 2007 - Publication
Ashbel Smith Professor
University of Texas at Dallas [2006–Present]
Senior Associate Dean
University of Texas at Dallas [2002–Present]
University of Texas at Dallas [1999–2002]
University of Texas at Dallas [1998–1999]
Professor of Management Information Systems
University of Texas at Dallas [1997–Present]
Associate Professor of Management Information Systems
The Ohio State University [1992–1997]
College of Business
Associate Professor of Management Information Systems
The Ohio State University [1986–1992]
College of Business
A Decision Theoretic Perspective of the Integrated Human-Machine Information Processor
1986–1986 V. Jacob, J. Moore, A. Whinston, in Economics and Artificial Intelligence: Proceedings of the IFAC/IFORS/IFIP/IASC/AFCET Conference on Economics and Artificial Intelligence, Aix-en-Provence, France, September 2-4,1986. (ed. Jean-Louis Roos), Pergamon Press, Oxford, pp. 99-104.
Measurement Criteria and Effects of Training Tolerance and Learning Rates for Two-Group Classification Using Neural Networks: The Case of Bankruptcy Prediction
2018–2018 A. Agarwal, V. Jacob, H. Pirkul - Extended Abstract Proceedings of the First INFORMS Joint Conference on Information Systems and Technology, May 1996.
A Study of the Impact of Communication Channel and Incentive Structure on a Negotiation Task
1997–1997 R. Barkhi, V. Jacob, H. Pirkul, Second INFORMS Conference on Information Systems and Technology, San Diego, California, May 4-5, 1997.
Strategic IT Investments: Impacts of Switching Cost and Declining Technology Cost
2018–2018 D. Demirhan, V. Jacob, S. Raghunathan, 23rd International Conference on Information Systems, December 2002.
The Capacitated P-Median Problem: A hybrid Neural Network Approach
2018–2018 V. Jacob, H. Pirkul, S. Soni, INFORMS Conference, Atlanta, November 1996.
- Co-Editor-in-Chief, Information Technology and Management
- Associate Editor, Decision Support Systems.
- Editorial Board Member, Information Systems Frontier: A Journal of Research and Innovations.
- Senior Editor, Production and Operations Management Journal (POM), Interface between POM and other area: Models and Analysis, 2003-2008
- Associate Editor, International Journal of E-Adoption (IJEA)
- Editorial Review Board, International Journal of Enterprise Information Systems (IJEIS)
- Chair of the INFORMS College on Information Systems, 1997-1998.
- Vice Chair - Meetings, INFORMS College on Information Systems 1996-1997.
- Program Committee Member:
- IEEE Asia-Pacific Services Computing Conference (APSCC) 2008, 2009
- 17th Annual Workshop on Information Technologies and Systems (WITS) 2009, 2008, 2007, 2000, 1997.
- 9th Bi-Annual International Conference on Decision Support Systems 2007
- IEEE Conference on Services Computing 2006, 2005
- IEEE International Conference on Web Services (ICWS) 2006, 2004
- INFORMS Conference on Information Systems and Technology (CIST) 2002, 1996
- Advisory Board, International Symposium on Services-Oriented Technologies and Management at the Ninth International Conference of E-Commerce (ICEC 2007)
- Advisory Board, INFORMS Conference on Information Systems and Technology (CIST 2001)
- Regional Director (Ohio Region) of the AAA Section on Artificial Intelligence/Expert Systems 1991-1993.
- Organized and chaired sessions at the ORSA/TIMS Meeting held in:
- New York, October 1989; Las Vegas, May 1990; Philadelphia, October 1990; Anaheim, November 1991; Orlando, April 1992; Boston, April 1994.
- Cluster chair for Artificial Intelligence for the ORSA/TIMS Meeting held in Nashville, May 1991.
- Cluster chair for Information Systems for the TIMS international meeting to be held in Singapore, June 1995.
- Cluster chair for Information Systems for the INFORMS Conference in Dallas, 1997.
- Cluster chair for Artificial Intelligence for the INFORMS Conference in Dallas, 1997.
- Program Co-chair, Conference on Information Systems held in Montreal, April, 1998.
- Member of the Computer Automation Committee, State of Ohio, Department of
- Rehabilitation and Correction (1995-1997).
- Ad Hoc Reviewer for Several Journals and Conferences
Service at University of Texas at Dallas
Member of the Graduate Council, 2006-present
Vice Chair, SACSCOC Accreditation Faculty Committee, 2005-2007
Led the Schools Accreditation efforts 1999-2002 - School was accredited by AACSB
International in Spring 2002
Led the Schools Self-Study Evaluation, 2007
Member University Academic Program Review Committee, 2002-2003
Member University Strategic Enrollment Task Force, 2001-2002
Chair, Search Committee for the Associate Dean for Executive Education, 2008
Chair, Academic Operations Committee, 2008-present
Chair, Academic Policy and Planning Committee, 1999-present
Chair, Steering Committee, 1999-present
Member, Search Committee for the Director for Executive MBA Program, 2009
Member Development Committee, 1999-present
Member Facilities Committee, 2000-present
Member Web Committee, 2000-present
Member Master Committee, 2002-present
Member Undergraduate Committee, 2002-present
Chair, University Scholarship Committee, 2000-2001
Member University Scholarship Committee, 2000-2001
Chair, Undergraduate Committee, 1997-1999
Member of Academic Policy and Planning Committee, 1997-1999
Member of the Personnel Review committee, 1997- 2000
Member of the Research and Ph.D. Committee, 1997-1998
Member of the Joint Faculty Curriculum Steering Committee of the Alliance for Medical
Management Education, 1997-1998
Chair, or member of Ad hoc Committees for promotion and tenure for several cases
Chair, MIS Recruiting Committee, 1997-1999
Recruiting Committee member, 1999 -2001
Association for Information Systems (AIS)
IEEE Computer Society
Association of Computing Machinery
Institute for Operations Research and the Management Sciences (INFORMS)
INFORMS Information Systems Society
INFORMS College of Artificial Intelligence
The Telecommunications Industry in the United States - A Snapshot
$10,000 - JETRO [1998–1998]
Facilitating International Electronic Commerce: A Process Approach
$33,500 - Ameritech Foundation [1994–1994]
A Study of Genetic Algorithms for Product-Line Design
$4,100 - University Seed Grant [1994–1994]
Adaptive Communication in Co-operative Distributed Processing Systems
$15,000 - Deans Summer Fellowship Program [1991–1991]
A Parallel Processing System to Assess Relevance of Retrieved Cases from a Tax Knowledge Base
$38,400 - The Arthur Young Tax Research Grant Program [1988–1988]