Ph.D. - Modern Thought and Literature
Stanford University - 1998
M.A. - English
Purdue University - 1990
B.A. - English
UNC Charlotte - 1987
“Don’t Make Me Laugh! Morality and the Laugh Track.” Studies in American Humor. Submitted April, 2016. Revised and resubmitted September, 2016. Forthcoming. - Publication
Review of Morton D. Paley, Coleridge’s Later Poetry, and Andrea K. Henderson, Romantic Identities. Romanticism on the Net 6 (May 1997)
“Colonial Discourse and William Makepeace Thackeray’s Irish Sketch Book.” Papers on Language and Literature 29 (1993): 259-283.
Review of George Van Den Abbeele, Travel as Metaphor. Genre 25 (1992): 319-22.
Clinical Assistant Professor of Literary Studies
The University of Texas at Dallas, Arts and Humanities [2014–Present]
Clinical Associate Professor of Literature Studies
The University of Texas at Dallas, Arts and Humanities [2012–2014]
Whiting Fellowship - Stanford University 
Stanford University Fellows Program - 
Deutscher Akademischer Austauschdienst Direktstipendium - 
Excellence in Teaching Award - Purdue University 
The Silence of the Lambs
2016/09 Introduced and Led Discussion
Cinematheque Theater, UT-Dallas,
History in Literature/Literature in History
2013/10 Phi Alpha Theta Brownbag
- “Mike Flanagan’s Oculus: The Complex Complex Discovery Plot.” South Central Modern Language Association, Dallas, TX. November 4, 2016.
- "’Am I Having Fun Yet?’ Internal Attention and Aesthetic Experience.” Mississippi Philosophical Association: “The Philosophy of Attention,” Jackson, MS. March 18, 2016.
- “Interrogating Autobiographical Art: Noah Baumbach’s The Squid and the Whale.” Southwest/ Texas Popular and American Cultures Association Regional Meeting. Albuquerque, New Mexico, February 14-17, 2013.
- “How Clean is Your Money? Financial Speculation versus ‘Legitimate Investment’ in the Mid-Victorian Period.” Victorian Interdisciplinary Studies Association of the Western United States: “Success: Victorian Concepts,” California State University, Northridge, November 8-9, 1996.
- “The Hero as Man of Letters? Thomas Carlyle and Matthew Arnold on the Charisma of the Intellectual.” Victorians’ Institute Conference, “Thomas Carlyle and Victorian Cultural Critique,” University of South Carolina, October 13-14, 1995.
- “The Face of John F. Kennedy: William Wordsworth’s ‘Essays on Epitaphs’ and Oliver Stone’s JFK.” American Comparative Literature Association Conference, University of California, Riverside, April 17-18, 1993.
- “William M. Thackeray’s Irish Sketch Book: The Vanity of Language.” Conference on Irish Literature, Culture, and Politics, University of Illinois, March 21-22, 1991.
- “A Critique of Theories of Resistance in Michel de Certeau’s The Practice of Everyday Life.” Conference on Cultural Studies, State University of New York, Stony Brook, October 9, 1990.
- “The Pub as Social Space in Ulysses.” Conference on Irish Literature, Culture, and Politics, University of Notre Dame, March 17-18, 1990.
- “Perpetuating the Code: An Analysis of the Flea Market in the United States.” American Popular Culture Association Conference, Toronto, March 3-5, 1990.