Ph.D - Electrical Engineering
University of Southern California - 1973
MS - Computer Science
University of Southern California - 1970
MS - Math
California State College, Los Angeles - 1968
BA - Math
California State College, Los Angeles - 1967
AA - Math
Los Angeles City College - 1965
Millard, D. L., Burnham, G., Increasing Interactivity in Electrical Engineering, IEEE Frontiers in Education Conference, Boulder, CO, November 2003 2003 - Publication
Millard, D. L., Burnham, G., Cool Interactive Media for Electrical Engineering Education, ASEE Annual Conference, St. Louis, MO. June 2001. 2001 - Publication
The First Telecommunications Engineering Program in the United States, Journal of Engineering Education, pp.653-657, October 2001. 2001 - Publication
Cockpit Avionics: Charting the Course for the Future, Proceedings of the IEEE, 1987 NAECON. 1987 - Publication
The Synergy of Global Positioning Satellite Systems and Electronic Terrain Map Systems, 1984 - Publication
Integrated terrain Access and Retrieval System, ITARS, Proceedings of the IEEE, 1984 NAECON 1981 - Publication
Head and Associate professor
University of Texas at Dallas [2001–2004]
University of Texas at Dallas [1996–2001]
"Paul Quinn College, Dallas Texas" [1994–1996]
Senior Member of the Technical Staff
"Texas Instruments, Dallas Texas" [1984–1994]
"Texas Instruments, Dallas Texas" [1977–1984]
Technical Group Supervisor
"Cal Tech Jet Propulsion Laboratory, Pasadena California" [1973–1977]
"Hughes Aircraft Company, Culver City, California" [1966–1973]
"Garrett Air Research, Inglewood, California" [1965–1966]
Honors and Awards
- Howard Hughes Doctoral Fellow
- Member of Sigma Xi and Eta Kappa Nu.
- Elected Senior Member Technical Staff at Texas Instruments.
- Registered Professional Engineer in Texas.
- Publications in the IEEE transactions on Automatic Control and transactions on System, Man and Cybernetics, the Human Factors Journal and NAECON proceeding.
- Patents for digitally coded incremental stroke generator and electronic navigation chart.
- Director of the University of Texas at Dallas, NSF AMP Program.
- Member of Leadership Richardson Class XIII.
- Director of TexPREP program at Paul Quinn College.
- Member of the Board of Directors for the New Vision Council for the College of Engineering at the University of Missouri, Columbia.
- Member of Software Engineering Advisory Committee for the Texas Board of Professional Engineers.
- Former Associate Editor of the Texas Instruments Journal for Avionics.
Professional service activities
UTD administrative duties
Associate Dean for Accreditation and Outreach, July 2004 to present. Director UTD NSF LSAMP Program
EE Undergraduate Committee
SACSCOC Federal Mandate Subcommittee
Special Service Contributions to Program, School, or University
ABET Program Evaluator
IEEE Dallas Section Chairman
Appointed to Advisory Board for the United Arab Emirates University to consult on the Electrical Engineering Communication Program