Ph.D. - Information Theory & Mathematical Statistics
Moscow Institute of Physics and Technology, USSR - 1974
M.S. - Physics
Moscow Institute of Physics and Technology - 1974
Cecil and Ida Green Endowed Professor
UT Dallas [2006–Present]
University of New Mexico [1994–2006]
University of New Mexico [1991–1994]
Central Connecticut University [1990–1991]
General Project Manager
Laboratory of Industrial Statistics and Adaptive Control, Moscow [1974–1989]
Invited Talks including SMU and Dallas ASA Chapter
- Joint research on super-frequent fMRI with Advanced Imaging Research Center, Department of Radiology, UTSouthwestern
- Joint research on microarray-based analysis of protein location, Department of Molecular and Cell Biology, UTDallas
- Joint research on the analysis of a credit scoring as a fair rating variable, EPPS and Management schools, UTDallas
- Poster presentation at UT-DFW Metroplex Days: UTArlington and UTDallas
Responding to a vacuum of career professionals who analyze risk for insurance, finance and investment companies, the Department of Mathematical Sciences
created a new bachelor’s degree in Actuarial Science.
The Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board
approved the department’s proposal, allowing the degree program to accept students in fall 2009. The new program is expected to boost UT Dallas’ existing relationship with local insurance companies and large actuarial firms.
Major Recent Synergistic Activities:
- Coordinating Editor: Journal of Statistical Inference and Planning
- Associate Editor The Annals of Statistics Methodology and Computing in Applied Probability
- NSF Panalist (DMS-Statistics, 2006/2007).