Ph.D. - Arts and Humanities, Studies in Literature
The University of Texas at Dallas - 2009
M.A. - Studies in Literature
The University of Texas at Dallas - 2001
B.A. - Literary Studies
The University of Texas at Dallas - 1978
Eighteenth century political theory; nineteenth/twentieth century philosophy and literature; American and European political development; the history of anti Semitism and the Holocaust; Jewish art history; representation of the Holocaust in art, film, and literature; modern Jewish history; European Modernism; and the history of the Austro-Hungarian Empire.
Achievements in Original Achievement, Investigation, and Research
- "Lost Dreams and Sacred Visions in the Art of Ámos," Comparative Hungarian Cultural Studies, (Purdue University Press, 2011).
- “Seeds of Hate: Anti-Semitism and the Holocaust,” Talk, Dallas Holocaust Museum/Center for Education and Tolerance, June 10, 2010.
- “The Holocaust in Film,” (work in progress).
- The Legacy of Denial: Memory and Loss of Imre Ámos, (work in progress)
- Organizer and advisor to the UT Dallas Jewish Student Organization, 2010 – present.
- Board Member of the Jewish Education Committee for the Jewish Federation of Greater Dallas, 2009 – present.
- UT Dallas Communications Committee, 2007 – present.
- Co-authored (with Dr. Zsuzsanna Ozsvath) the Ackerman Center for Holocaust Studies Certificate and accompanying curriculum, August, 2006.
- Board Member UT Dallas Ackerman Center for Holocaust Studies, 1997- present.