Ph.D. - Public Administration
The University of Georgia - 2005
MPA - Public Administration
Louisiana State University - 2000
B.S. - Economics
Louisiana State University - 1997
Public Human Resource Management, Civil Service Reform, Comparative Policy and Administration, Comparative Political Attitudes, Privatization, Organization Theory, Public Management
Jerrell D. Coggburn, R. Paul Battaglio, Jr., James S. Bowman, Stephen E. Condrey, Doug Goodman, and Jonathan P. West. 2009. State Government Human Resource Professionals' Commitment to Employment At Will, American Review of Public Administration (forthcoming). 2009 - Publication
R. Paul Battaglio, Jr., L. Douglas Kiel, and Douglas J. Watson. 2008. Introduction to Symposium, Public Works Management & Policy, vol. 13:2 (October), pp. 87-88. 2008 - Publication
R. Paul Battaglio, Jr. and Ghassan Khankarli. 2008. Toll Roads, Politics, and Public-Public Partnerships: The Case of Texas State Highway 121, Public Works Management & Policy, vol. 13:2 (October), pp. 138-148. 2008 - Publication
R. Paul Battaglio, Jr. 2008. Tragedy of the Crescent City: State and Local Economic Development in New Orleans Post-Hurricane Katrina. In Building the Local Economy, edited by Douglas J. Watson and John Morris, (pp. 157-173). Athens, GA: Carl Vinson Institute of Government Press. 2008 - Publication
R. Paul Battaglio, Jr., and Stephen E. Condrey. 2006. Framing Civil Service Innovations: Assessing State and Local Government Reforms. In American Public Service: Radical Reform and the Merit System, edited by James S. Bowman and Jonathan P. West, (pp. 25-45). Boca Raton, FL: CRC Press, Taylor & Francis Group. 2006 - Publication
R. Paul Battaglio, Jr. and Christopher Stream. 2006. One Year after Katrina: Tragedy of the Crescent City. Section on Intergovernmental Administration and Management Newsletter 30(2). 2006 - Publication
Assistant Program Head for Advising and Enrollment
The University of Texas at Dallas, [2008–Present]
The University of Texas at Dallas [2007–Present]
University of Nevada Las Vegas [2005–2007]
The University of Georgia [2002–2004]
Honors and other Recognitions
- Regents Academy for the State of Nevada, Designing and Re-Designing Academic Courses to Enhance Student Learning, June 1-3, 2006, Lake Tahoe, California.
- Outstanding Graduate Teaching Award, The University of Georgia, April 2003.
School activities and committees
Teaching Effectiveness Committee, Fall 2009 – Present, School of Economic, Political, and Policy Sciences
- American Society for Public Administration
- Member, Strategic Imperative Group, Member Focus, American Society for Public Administration, March 2008-Present.
- Executive Board Member, American Society for Public Administration, Section on Personnel Administration and Labor Relations, March 2008-Present.
- Member, American Society for Public Administration, Section on Personnel Administration and Labor Relations, August 2005-Present.